The AMIE imaging system is constituted of two units, a camera unit and a dedicated electronics unit. The camera includes a tele-objective with a 5.3°x5.3° field of view and an imaging sensor of 1024x1024 pixels. The dedicated electronic unit insures the following functions:
- data control and power management of the camera;
- image data storage into a mass memory buffer;
- data control and power management of a cube Micro-DPU (compression);
- communication with the S/C through the S/C CAN Bus Interface;
- adaptation of the S/C supply voltage (S/C Power Bus Interface) to the levels required by its electronics and the camera.
The instrument performances are :
- 5.3° x 5.3° FOV, Images 45km x 45km at 500km, resolution 45m/pixel at 500km
- Powerful Image Compression Unit → high data compression rate
- Power Supply I/F Board
- System Control Unit: µP Board, buffer memory...
- Specific radiation shielding
- Total Mass 2kg